May 10, 2012 we have opened the World Hearing Center (WHC) – a unit of the Institute of Physiology and Pathology of Hearing, which will provide complex treatment to patients with congenital and acquired hearing, voice, speech and balance disorders. This is first in the world and unique facility of this kind.
In solemn ribbon cutting participated:
• Marshal of the Seym Ms. Ewa Kopacz,
• Prime Minister Mr. Donald Tusk
• Minister of Health Mr. Bartosz Arlukowicz
• Minister of Regional Development Ms. Elzbieta Bienkowska
• Archbishop of Warsaw Cardinal Kazimierz Nycz
• President of the American Otological Society prof. Herman Jenkins
• President of the European Federation of Audiological Societies prof. Kurt Stephan
• Chancellor of the Medical University of Warsaw prof. Marek Krawczyk
• Chancellor of the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music prof. Stanislaw Moryto
• Chancellor Elect of the Warsaw University of Technology prof. Jan Szmidt
• Chancellor of the Academy of Special Education prof. Jan Laszczyk
• Director of the National Centre for Research and Development prof. Krzysztof Jan Kurzydlowski
• Director of the Main Council of the Research Institutes prof. Leszek Rafalski
• Prof. Henryk Skarzynski together with his child patients
– This is indeed a place to take pride In all over the world. This Center is not a monument nor a propaganda slogan, this is the place where physicians save human health, especially the health of children – said Prime Minister Donald Tusk during the ceremony. – The activity and work of such persons as Professor Henryk Skarzynski and of such institutions as this Center has dimensions that reach far beyond the strictly medical aspects. Your work will soon turn Poland into an example to be followed by Europe and the rest of the world – an example of efficient action for better communication between people, between children, and between entire groups – added Prime Minister.
The creation of the World Hearing Center is incredibly import ant for patients with hearing, voice and speech disorders as well as for the development of science and research of new ways of diagnosis and treatment of senses disorders. It will play a key role in integration of scientists around interdisciplinary issues which are crucial in modern information society, based on acquiring knowledge and communications.
Prime Minister Mr. Donald Tusk made a declaration of suport:
– We shall discuss with the Ministers of Health and Finance the possible government support to the emerging national program to fight such conditions – said Prime Minister.
Center was build In record-breaking time of 15 months, and occupies 20 418 sq meters. The total cost of the investment is 123 450 000 Polish zloty.
Official ceremony was preceded by the press conference on which there were accredited 81 journalists, reporters and press photographers. Twelve cameras followed the events during the opening and arrival of 3 external broadcasting vans ensured live presence of the event in media.