On 17th March 2014, the editorial team of the Polish Market magazine organized the Crystal Dragon of Success award ceremony. The jury selected the best Polish managers, distinguished by the application of modern management techniques and by being successful in difficult conditions of the modern economy. Professor Henryk Skarżyński was one of the honorable winners.
The Crystal Dragon of Success statuettes went also to:
- Jolanta Augustyniak, Director of OSG Records Management
- Tomasz Bogus, President of Bank Pocztowy
- Juliusz Braun, Chairman of the Board of TVP
- Marek Durlik, Director of the Central Clinical Hospital of the Ministry of Interior in Warsaw
- Mariusz Gazda, President of SKOK in Wołomin
- Marcin Herra, Chairman of the Board of PL.2012+
- Paweł Jarmużek, Director of A-T Co.
- Janusz Jarosiński, Chairman of the Port of Gdynia Authority
- Małgorzata Kołakowska, President of ING Bank Śląski
- Jan Pamuła, Chairman of the Board of the John Paul II International Airport Kraków–Balice
- Katarzyna Rutkowska, Chairman of the Board of AC SA
- Dariusz Sapiński, Director of Mlekovita
- Andrzej Siezieniewski, President of the Polish Radio
- Wojciech Szpil, President of Totalizator Sportowy
- Alicja Wiecka, Managing Director of SAS Institute
- Herbert Wirth, President and CEO of KGHM
- Piotr Wojaczek, President of Katowice Special Economic Zone Co.
The jury, appointed by the editorial team of the Polish Market magazine, awarded statuettes to the best Polish managers, who are marked by success, consistency in their work, and modern approach to the business. The jury also announced the winners of the Dragon’s Claw – an award for companies distinguished by the highest market quality and innovative products or services they offer.
A eulogy passage reads: “In 2003 Professor Henryk Skarżyńsk created and organized the International Center of Hearing and Speech, and in 2012, the World Hearing Center in Kajetany near Warsaw. He is not only a prominent scientist, awarded the Honorary Pearl of the Polish Market magazine, but above all a prominent manager.”
– The World Hearing Center is a world institution not only in name. It is the place where the highest number of surgeries to improve hearing is performed daily. Asked whether we want to be the only one such institution in the world, I say NO. The progress in medicine and effective cooperation in science is possible only with a network of such centers. We would like to thank you for the honor. This is the sign that my and my team’s work is appreciated. – said Professor Henryk Skarżyński, when accepting the award.
The Crystal Dragon of Success and Dragon’s Claw award ceremony was held in the Sobański Palace in Warsaw.